Report Abuse

Re: We Collect Timeshares, LLC

[Q=jayjay] We once owned 9 timeshare weeks and we eventually sold all of them (see my thread on "How I Sold 9 Timeshare Weeks With Listing Sites Such As Redweek") in the Buying, Selling and Renting forum. I had no intention of paying an upfront fee resale company or a company such as yours that would charge me 3K to take my timeshare off my hands. I think you offer a service, but that service comes with a very high price in the 3K range. That's taking advantage of desperate people. Your service could charge much less and you would still make a huge profit. It's what you charge that enrages timeshare educated people, not your service. [Q=jonathang18] RESPONDING to JAYJAY How many timeshares do you own? I've worked with over a 1000 different properties. I meet people who have filed BK and the bankruptcy and the courts won't let them out of their properties. I meet with people who have called charities who will not take any timeshares and some charities who will not take their specific property. I've lots of people whose resort won't even take it back for free and when they stop paying their fees the resort sues them or send them to collections. You also need to take into consideration that the resorts are renting properties out today to the general public so why buy a timeshare and be locked into it if you can rent them out? Also the internet has made lots of types of traveling cheap for everyone, whether you own a timeshare or not. People who love their timeshares do not want to hear these types of stories and they get angry at me. Then years later, when they've struggled to get out of it and CAN'T they like me and they get angry at their resorts. We're not the bad guys. The resorts could put us out of business by taking back their properties and letting the owners OUT who want OUT. If the resorts would take their properties back, people wouldn't need my help. I think your agression is mis-directed. Most timeshare owners do not fully understand how their contracts really work. What your saying is true JAYJAY but only for about 10% of the resorts MAYBE 15. It's not that easy for the rest of them. It's not as easy as you think.[/Q][/Q] JAYJAY I've done some reading though this forum. Your everywhere and know everything. (Just about) You represent a very small group of people who really do know a lot. Your education on timeshares is worth much more than 3k and would cost much more in time and resources to duplicate. I say this sincerely. You are well informed. Except for when it comes to WCT and that business model. The average person pays less much less than what you think per property and the cost of doing business is much higher than you can imagine. Again, the company is a good company with good people who really do care about the people they help and in the small percentage of case in which they are dealing with properties that can sell easily, they will offer a cash purchase price. This offer is not done in the regular appointments but it does happen often. I acknowledge your concern for the industry you obviously care a great deal about and for consumers in general. I think if you and I met we would get along quit well.