Report Abuse

Re: Re: FINALLY an Orlando Westgate Protest/Rally on Jan 5, 2023

Protesting has been tried and was productive. A group of very angry Diamond owners held up signs in 2019 in Las Vegas outside of Polo Towers, the FL Attorney General's Dept of Business and Professional Regulation's office (their office was closed for the day), and outside of Cypress Pointe in Orlando. I would have rather gone to the dentist, but to show support, as a Diamond member, I convinced my husband to participate. We attended three days. It wasn't just the holding up of signs that was productive. It was the contacts made, and much to my surprise, despite sales agents revving their Ferrari as they drove by laughing, it was a blast. I will not be protesting, but will attend to photograph and chronicle the event as my heart goes out to the veteran that was promised the ability to rent to cover costs. He needs his income from the Pentagon while waiting for a lung transplant, as a consequence of serving 24 years overseas. Westgate will not grant him a hardship release. At a trial I attended they said they give away 1500 free weekends to honor veterans mentioning that three of their executives are veterans. Nauseating it was sitting through the BS. A lawsuit is pending accusing Westgate of violating the Military Lending Act. https://tarda.org/f/why-we-protested-timeshare-practices-november-8-11