Report Abuse

Re: Walking away from a Mexico Right to Use?

[Q=roberto550] So I have a $468 a month payment and only pay when I use the resort in Cancun. You are saying I can just walk away and never pay on it again being an American?[/Q] If you are paying that kind of money on a monthly basis, then it would certainly appear that you took out a loan of some kind. If you default on that loan and [b]IF[/b] (and [b]ONLY[/b] if) that Mexican entity also has a business office or business presence of some sort here in the U.S., then they certainly [b]can[/b] report the loan default to the credit agencies, resulting in a ding to your credit score (which will generally remain in place for 7 years). Whether the Mexican entity would actually do so is an unknown, but not even an option for them at all if the entirety of their business presence is [b]within Mexico[/b]. If they have no business presence in the U.S., you can certainly just walk away and never look back, without fear of any consequences (other than losing all the money that you have already paid to those bandits so far, with no chance of recovering a single penny of that money). Hope this info helps. Good luck!