Report Abuse

Re: upgrade/special assessment fee

[Q=normr4] [Q=housefrau] I am an owner and was just there last week. The rooms are going to be absolutely gorgeous! We toured the refurb rooms to see where our money has gone. There will be granite counters in kitchen, new cabinets, new fridge, lights and new fixtures. The furniture will be all replaced, the walls painted and everything redone. The rooms are amazingly beautiful and I thinkyou will love them. When we were there, there were probably thirty rooms being redone at the same time. I am not sure when they expect them to be finished. The cost is appropriate for all the work they are doing. Marriott charges $24000 per unit redone. These will be every bit as nice. That said, why our maintenance fee doesn't cover refurbs is the real question. Is not a part of our money ear marked for this ? Who to ask? There are only 101 timeshare room at Casa Dorada and the rest are hotel rooms. It is a changing inventory based on what has been sold in each category. There is a site to see the rooms. I'll post after I find it again and they look exacltly like the pictures.[/Q] During our stay last November I asked why our unit was in need of being refurbished and was told that the previous owners of the hotel were managing the timeshares and responsible for maintenance. Since the change in ownership of the hotel, I understand that the club has seperated timeshare maintenance and hotel maintenance, which may be the reason for the upgrades and the special assessment.[/Q]