Report Abuse

Re: FILING COMPLAINTS CONCERNING TIMESHARE RIPOFFS

Unless things have changed in the past few years for Florida, complaints were handled by an arm of the Real Estate Commission. Before filing a complaint, one should do a little research to find the proper authority to complain to in whatever state they are dealing with and accumulate whatever evidence that exists in writing. [Q=jayjay] Mr. hennyp, I have yet to file a complaint due to the fact I never used an upfront fee resale company to begin with. I sold nine timeshares on Redweek, MyResortNetwork and Bidshares myself. The thought never entered my mind to use an upfront fee company. I would have rather given my weeks to charity than to use one of those companies. There have been many members here that have filed complaints with the Florida attorney general and other state attorneys general since these forums began due to being ripped off by upfront fee companies and other timeshare scams. [Q=hennyp] How many complaints have you filed ? Most attorney generals will not be interested in pursuing a complaint about a salesman lying to someone as they really don't have that large a budget.[/Q][/Q]