Report Abuse

Re: How can I rent a timeshare?

In response to Phil's question, the renter (at least at my home resort - a Marriott) would be responsible and charged (to their major credit card which must be provided at checkin) for any damage or other problems they caused while at the resort. I also (like alfredn1) provide my resort with the name and contact info of my 'guests' and the number who are expected. Their name is on the reservation because I request my resort put their name on the reservation. My resort does not charge me any fee for 'guests' as I am the owner and allowed to have guests occupy instead of going myself if I choose. The resort deals directly with the renters once they check in, not with me. They don't have my credit card number. Also, I certainly attempt to make certain those renting from me know what to expect rule wise while at the resort (no pets, no smoking, no lifeguards at the pools, children must be accompanied by an adult at all times, and if not toilet trained, must wear a swim diaper in the pools etc.). I attempt to assure that those I am talking to (only adults over age 21) are the persons who will occupy my units - that they've not planning to send their teens on Spring Break or something, although my resort is a quiet family oriented place, so it wouldn't be much of a place to party. I've had no trouble as those who rent my weeks have all been families or in two cases couples.