Report Abuse

Re: Re: Get out of Westgate Resorts

[Q=richarda847] I've just received a warranty deed in lieu of foreclosure. I've no intention of dealing with them ever again. I own my timeshare and have paid maintenance fees up until 3 years ago. I then "woke up" and realised what a stupid person I was. I was pressurised into purchasing timeshare about 15 years ago. Even David Seagel closed the deal and rang the bell, my kids were put in a creche so the could use pressure selling techniques, I wanted to go away and think about it but David Seagel knocked the price down to $15,000( £10,000) then rang the sales bell, they used a stretch limo to show us the apartment. I still can't get over how gullible I was. I'm a UK citizen. If I don't do anything the letter says after 35 days they will institute foreclosure proceedings ( they say I owe $2548.14 maintenance) [/Q] Don't beat yourself up. Many people (...[b]far[/b] too many, in fact) have fallen prey over the years to the aggressive and deceitful sales practices of the slimy Wastegate sales weasels. Personally, I hope that a very special place in Hell awaits [b]all[/b] of them. I am not offering you any legal advice, but I do respect and applaud your decision to not send any more money to David Siegel and his merry band of hungry parasites. If they foreclose, despite the unfortunate and significant financial loss involved for you, at least you will then be able to try to forget that you ever even heard the word "Westgate".