Report Abuse

Re: Ripoff - Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Program - New Point System

Jim Available point reservations for beach locations - I just did two searches, 5- and 7-night reservations, for Newport Coast, Ocean Watch, Grand Ocean, and SurfWatch for the months of May, June, July and August. For 5- and 7-night reservations for these resorts for months May thru August, there were no reservations available for Ocean Watch, Grand Ocean, and SurfWatch. But, there were 5 and 7 night reservations available for May, June, and August for Newport Coast. This picture would change for other times but it depends on where you want to go. Also, points inventory relies heavily on deposits of weeks by owners. I suspect, the trust does include some weeks for these prime resorts but not many as these resorts (except NC) were sold out at the beginning of the points program in 2010. I'm just hoping MVC will start buying up resale weeks at high demand prime resorts rather than buying less desirable properties. It's sad we felt compelled to buy multiple resale weeks at Newport Coast and Ocean Watch to meet our needs because reservations for points are scarce. Why buy points if reservations are not available.