Report Abuse

Re: Get out of Westgate Resorts

I have been trying to get out from Westgate for the past 2 yrs. We bought our timeshare in '06 Westgate Town Center. It has been paid off since '08. I tried the Legacy program several times and not able to exit out. I thought I was going to exit the timeshare when I was given the information about the cost on the volunteer deed back, it was going to cost me $1250.00 it was more than the taxes that were owed, but then received letter from westgate where I was declined. I have tried many time to exit out with no luck. Last time I talked to a representative he finally said that the resort did not want the time share back. I would have to wait 6-12 months before apply for the program again. We tried giving it away to family, friends, our children no body wants it. We tried selling, renting and we lost money, and did not hear back from the company they referred. With our health problems that my husband and I developed during covid and other issues I included a Drs letter to see if we could exit out. That didn't help. Other representatives will only tell me that we have qualified but its westgates discretion to decline exiting. I have sent emails, mailed letters, called to the developers center, corresponding dept,resort dept. What else can I do to get out from this timeshare. Thank you MG