Report Abuse

Re: Questions for those who have been there

[Q=ira10] Hi John, My name is Beth and I wrote above about upgrading all 5 of our weeks. We have been very happy so far. We have moved a few of our vacation weeks we didn't use in 2007 to 2008 and reserved them to use then. We took one of our 1 BR weeks and exchanged it for a huge 2 BR unit at the Grand Regina in Cabos which is a fractional owership which could be looked at as a "step up" from a regular timeshare. And the Grand traded as a 1 BR for their 2 BR which is great. ThisGrand Regina is Westin in Cabos's high end resort that has only 34 units all on the ocean and is very exclusive. We are going there next week. And working with the Registry Collection was terrific. They were like working with any high end travel agency. They have 24 hour concierge service 365 dayss a year. The only part that was difficlut was getting the Grand Mayan to deposit my week which was supposed to take 3 days and took almost 2 weeks, and I almost lost my reservation. I now have the name of a supervisor to speak to if this ever happens again. I disagree with Sandra about where the grand is rated, and if you read the Registry Collection exchanges, the Grand Mayan is rated near the very top of the ladder. Beth[/Q] Thanks for the reply. We called the registry exchange and except for the fact that Mayan Palace had not given us our membership number, they were very helpful. So your experience has been a light at the end of the tunnel.