Report Abuse

Owners

My father-in-law saved his money for years and was somehow swindled into buying a two bedroom cottage at Stormy point. He was promised one week free every year. Next thing you know he goes to book a vacation and they tell him that his one week free is only one every 3 years! 😡 At first the maintenance fees were around $350 per year. Now they are up to $1200 per year!! Every year we come here they change his contract. Last year they told him they were going to a "points system" rather than giving out deeds anymore and CONVINCED HIM into signing over the deed he owned. This man is a poor farmer that has worked every single day of his life. It absolutely sickens me. We are the ones on vacation this week in Branson and he is not here, they have harassed and called us numerous times to try and get him to come up for another "meeting" and even tried to force me to go to one for the "friends and family" program. I said absolutely not, they acted shocked and talked about how I would get a free gift if I went to this meeting... and I just laughed at them. Then he said in order to qualify to go to the meeting I would need to make at least $50,000 a year.... I looked at the man in disgust and said no. He gave me a dirty look and started acting really rude for the rest of the time while we were checking in.