Report Abuse

Re: Re: Marriott Aruba Surf Club - Lawsuit by Association against owners

Was there any update to these concerns? We just received a Cease and Desist letter as well from MVW - and we only own three deeded weeks and points. [Q=darcyc9] I am ashamed to admit that while what you say (Tracey) might be true for some folks - in that they may have 50+ units, or however many, and they may not have purchased all from Marriott, in my case, and in the case of others I know, who are part of this mess - we were foolish enough to have drank the Marriott Kool-Aid. In other words, we did in fact buy from Marriott - retail - and not on a secondary market. Further, I am one, of a number of folks, who while stupid enough to have allowed MVC to set me on this course, for a handful of units, I was smart enough to keep documentation in the form of emails from MVC Orlando -quite by accident - as I never would have thought it necessary to have to try to prove what everyone else, including Marriott knows. I recognize, only as a result of learning from others on this forum and elsewhere, that there are problems with how some folks make reservations but such problems have nothing to do with me. And for those who are complicit in working the reservation system to their advantage, Marriott can certainly prevent that from occurring any time they wish since they control the system. From the outside looking in, I am amazed that they have not sought that as an easy remedy as a viable alternative to this. Finally, and since I am a fixed weeks owner (all the same week!) and NONE of this reservation stuff pertains to me, it would seem that since the reservation system apparently permits one to take advantage of it, and since the MVC folks instruct people how to maximize their reservations and since Marriott Sales encourages people to buy more and more weeks so that they can enhance their reservation experience - it is not so easy or fair to simply blame the end-user. I cannot speak for others and again being one who only purchased Fixed Weeks and one who has never booked anything other than the Fixed Week I own - I am the victim in this.[/Q]