Report Abuse

Re: Have the Timeshare Resorts forgoten about the resale market

[Q=phill12] [Q=bobd157] Im pissed, from what I have read. When you buy a timeshare you would think that they would let you know what the resale market is like. Maybe a oh by the way your timeshare is worthless after you buy it. I understand what redweek is trying to do, but is there any real way to recoup the thousands people spend on timeshare. I sure the resorts could make money off the resale market. If someone is willing to pay 30,000 on a timeshare why would that same person or another not pay the same amount on the resale market the product is the same. I wonder if someway could be developed to sell timeshares on the resale market the same way they do retail! Any Ideas on how to sell timeshare the same way the resorts do?[/Q] Why would you ever think a resort sales office would tell you about resales! Their job is to get as much of your money and sell you one of their units! Some very good resorts will have a resales office after all new units have been sold. These resales offices will sell your unit and return units also. The last thing a new resort wants you to know about is resales and timeshare sites for you to learn about timesharing. This is why I have seen the offers drop $5000 before I left the room. They know you can beat their price by thousands of dollars.[/Q] Very frustrating! This entire timeshare industry has evolved from the very beginning around the resorts hiding the resale market. Maybe I will become a salesperson at my resort and unload my timeshare to someone for 20% what the retail is. Maybe red week could telemarket potential buyers and offer them a vacation package with the 90 min tour of course and them let them know, don't buy at the resort, enjoy your stay and then when your done with your presentation we have the same unit for 20% off.