Report Abuse

Re: Hilton Grand Vacation Club

[Q=nancym60] I am interested in buying a Resale Hilton Resort at the Flamingo in Vegas. Question, it's points, no fixed week, will Hilton honor these points and allow a Hilton membership? Or will they only be good with RCI. We would like to return to the HRVC Flamingo each year but with no fixed week, how would that be done if Hilton doesn't honor the points and makes us go through RCI?[/Q] I have owned HGVC for 8 years and am very happy. I purchased a resale unit at Flamingo about 3 years. One of the best things about Hilton is what they sell you, you can sell to someone else, unlike Marriott which takes away the best benefits when you sell. You will have all he benefits when you purchase any HGVC unit. Flamingo has one unique benefit that no other HGVC has. It was the first and does not include the ROFR. This means you can sometimes find a bargain. Anywhere else and Hilton will buy it out from under you if you get a really good deal. I have never had a problem finding a Hilton property available. The inventory is listed on the web site so you can book it yourself. RCI exchanges are difficult at best even though Hilton does the reservation for you. You don't actually have a membership with RCI but you get access without the membership fee. It has been difficult getting exchanges in less desireable areas as Hilton will only look at resorts comparable to them. They say they don't want customers to be disappointed so they won't tell you about lower value exchanges.