Report Abuse

Re: New to redweek and selling timeshare on here?

[Q=roseannb6] I just wanted to know how many people have had sold timeshares on redweek and how successful this site is? I have heard nothing but good things about this site and just wondering what is an average on how long it takes to actually sell a timeshare?[/Q] [b]I sold all of our 9 timeshare weeks on Redweek and other internet classified ad sites, BUT I priced them reasonably because we bought them at a reasonable price (except for the developer bought one that we took a huge loss on). The KEY is to price your timeshare where it will get market attention. If you bought from a developer you will lose bigtime when you sell on the resale market. You will recoup only about 1/3 + - of what you paid the developer .... that is IF anyone is interested in your timeshare at all (some timeshares can't even be given away as is evidenced on Ebay). The key is to keep dropping your price until you start getting emails. Redweek has over 1 million members and is the NUMBER ONE site on the internet for selling timeshares, however you are actually the seller and it's up to you to price your timeshare that will get market attention in your ad.[/b]