Report Abuse

Re: Vallarta Gardens Timeshare Scam

Lance C, I apologize, I read the first seven pages of this thread and can see that you are definitely trying to help people who are within their 5 day rescission period and have been for quite a while (my bad). Nothing is more important than your point that you should read the rescission language of your contract and follow the instructions to the letter to rescind your contract. For those like me who are scared to death in having to deal with a mexican timeshare company given several thousands of dollars are at stake general knowledge about scams and mexican timeshare in general can provide a little relief. Towards that end educating my self was a way to provide a little relief. Until I actually received my refund I did not sleep well agonizing over one of the worst mistakes of my life. In my case my wife and I signed a foreclosure document acknowledging the 5 day rescission period had already been used by the original purchaser. I could have just gave up but my gut told me to look into it. Well I learned that what I what I had purchased was actually an "RTU" and so foreclosure was not even possible. Additionally I learned that Mexico consumer protection law does not allow purchasers to waive the 5 day rescission period. I am incredibly greatful for the information provided in the mescam webiste and can see that I may seem like a tout for mescam but the fact is this website was one of the best I found in the countless hours I spent researching rescission of timeshare contracts and also this website sells absolutely nothing and like you just wants to educate and help people out of a terrible predicament. Again my apologies.