Report Abuse

Re: Help w/ Contract Language

kimyn states/ sasks: >>Ken, thank you for your response. I did review the documents that we signed. In the Purchase Contract and Security Agreement, it states UNIT TYPE: JUNIOR ONE WEEKLY INTERVAL PER YEAR IN RED O SEASON FIRST USE YEAR 2009. In the New Owners Verfication Form it also states: Our vacation ownership is for 1 week(s) per year. However, I did not see anywhere stating 30 yrs. So what do you think?[/Q] ====================================== As indicated previously, the signed contract document (....not the "new owner's verification form" and not the "certificate"), but the CONTRACT is the principal and overriding legal instrument. Frankly, I cannot even imagine that a "term" (time duration) is not clearly specified SOMEWHERE within that contract document, since "term" would be a basic, fundamental specification within virtually ANY such contract ANYWHERE. I suggest that you thoroughly read all of the original CONTRACT documents all over again --- slowly and very closely. It is simply inconceivable to me that a "term" or "duration" is not clearly specified in the contract SOMEWHERE. I don't know a thing about Mexican law (such as it is.....), but a contract without a term would not even fulfil the basic requirements of ANY contract here in the U.S. The GOOD news is that, based uoon the limited information which you've presented (and assuming that you have related all of that contract content info correctly), it would APPEAR at first glance that your "certificate" was simply prepared inaccurately. You need to get in touch with the source of that "certificate" ASAP and point out the errors. Hopefully, it's just an innocent paperwork mixup or clerical error (and not an attempted willful act of deception), but you need to jump on this NOW! But once again, not to beat the point to death --- it's the CONTRACT content that matters most, not any unilaterally generated paperwork or "certificates" generated (by only one of the parties) after the fact of contract execution. I have to wonder how / why your first year usage is, as you've indicated, in 2009 if you purchased in 2007, but if that's what the CONTRACT says, and that's what you agreed to under signature, then that's just how it is. I HOPE that doesn't mean that you have agreed under signature in the fine print somewhere to pay a 2008 maintenance fee while having no actual access to the resort anytime in 2008. You really and truly need to be having some immediate conversations DIRECTLY with someone in authority (not desk clerks just answering the telephones) at the resort sales office, in order to resolve what appears to be some rather glaring differences between what you assert that your contract says and whatever your subsequently generated "owner certificate" or "verification form" might say. It's the CONTRACT content that should prevail over any and all else..........