Report Abuse

Re: Westgate Property Owners

[Q=karenw150] In answer to Adahiscout and Jayjay: I own at Westgate Lakes on Turkey Lake Road. They are building all along Turkey Lake Rd, but it is still easy to drive up to Sand Lake and turn left to get to Publix etc. Also very easy to turn south of out the resort and then left either over to Sea World / I-Drive or join the I4 down to Disney. Last year we stayed at the Sheraton Vistana on an exchange and although the resort is nice, the traffic on either side of the resort is extremely heavy. All Westgate Lakes weeks are designated 'Red Weeks' for the purpose of exchanging via exchange companies. However, what Westgate have done with our week, which is in November, is to make it unequal within the Westgate internal exchange system. So, for example, if I want to to Westgate in say, March, I would have to pay an upgrade fee ($500 I believe) to exchange my week, on top of their own exchange fee (roughly the same as Interval's). Although we bought the week when it was equal to any other week, at the same sort of price, Westgate unilaterally decided to devalue it in this way. One more interesting point is that you cannot deposit your unit with an exchange company anymore. You have to ask Westgate to do it. Westgate then choose a week, not necessarily yours, to deposit. It seems to be that this can work to an owner's disadvantage because the week they deposit can be a different week to the owner's and may therefore be less desirable. I am a little hazy on how this will work in practice but there are some discussions on the TUG website forums.[/Q] [b]Thanks for the explanation Karen. It seems they have designated your owned week a pink or off red scenario that even though all weeks in Orlando are considered red, they are different shades of red.[/b]