Report Abuse

Re: Whos who of redweek?

[Q=timesharejudi] [Q=ken1193] [Q=bobd157] I log in every now and then and share my frustrations and have noticed the "redweek" veterans. It is kind of hard to tell between who is a industry expert, ex employee nut job, company rep acting as consumer, etc.. Are there employees of Redweek as users or is everyone in here just forum gurus.[/Q] ======================================= I am not affiliated with RedWeek, nor with any other commercial entity in or around the timeshare industry, nor have I ever been so associated at any time in the past. That clearly stated, I have owned several weeks of timeshare for about 23 years now, most are fixed weeks, one is a multi-location RTU flex week. Earlier this year, I also bought into RCI points, in order to expand my trading capability by being able to convert "weeks" into "points" when convenient or preferable to do so, since quality RCI exchanges have otherwise greatly diminished in recent years. Certainly, none of the foregoing ownership information makes me an expert of any kind, but a strong legal background and plenty of experience (both good and bad) in the timeshare world has at least imparted many valuable lessons. Having seen a lot of fraud, misrepresentation and deceit in the timeshare industry over the years (and, frankly, it's not much better even today, in my opinion), I contribute to assorted Internet forums, in order to try to help people safely enter and swim in waters which are dangerous and shark infested. However, my "tone" is too blunt and direct for a few folks here on Redweek. I certainly have no interest in "reinventing" myself to accommodate the overly sensitive, so I'll compromise by cutting back considerably on my input here on RedWeek in order not to "offend" the delicate or thin skinned. :-)[/Q] I am Judi Kozlowski with Re/MAX. Been in real Estate since 1968 and have specialized in the resale of timeshare for 11 years. I am careful about what I comment on as I am very open to libel suits. However, we do not charge any upfront fees, we belong to the TSXchange MLS that does not allow Brokers who charge upfront fees. Timeshare can be sold professionally and ethically. I also own and use timeshare.[/Q] Hey Ken et al, I have owned timeshare for years under both weeks and points and I do not comment often but watch this forum regularily. Mostly they are good comments made here but often are misleading! I am a financial planner for a living and own several timeshares and like JayJay, I am trying to help people understand that they can be making some very costly mistakes unless they inform themselves! Good luck! Chris