Report Abuse

Re: We Collect Timeshares, LLC

[Q=adahiscout] [Q=jonathang18] [Q=judyp87] Has anyone dealt with We Collect Timeshares, LLC? We attended one of their meetings and are interested in selling our timeshare but really do not want to pay to be rid of it. And even if we do pay, are we really free of the obligaton?[/Q] ____ Hi everyone. I work for that company and I will tell you that it's a good company started by good christian people and I've seen them help over 4 thousand people. You may or may not know this but a lot of timeshares out there have little or no market value. I've seen them pay cash for good properties that can be resold , I've seen them take a lot of properties for free if they can sell it for a litte and yes, on difficult properties they do charge as little as 794 (and more) to do the deed transfer and pay the resort transfer fee. But what else can you do with these properties? You mentioned ebay. I watch it all the time. Hundreds go UNSOLD with no bids every week even at $1. So what do you tell the person who has been trying to sell it for 4 years? Spent $2000 on M fees for nothing. More on Newspaper ads, ebay ads and still can't get out of it. For those that love your timeshare you may not want to hear this, but there's nothing you can do most of the time to even just get OUT of these contracts[/Q] ===== Once We Collect Timeshares takes on a property to sell, do they become responsible for paying any new maintenance fees falling due until the property does sell? MD[/Q] Please read the note before this one about you can donate your timeshare..You do not have to pay anyone to get rid of your timeshare..Google Timeshare Donations and pick from the list. Find a good one! Get the benefit of a donation on your taxes! Do not listen to the purporters of doom and gloom that you are stuck forever in this timeshare disaster. Donate, Donate, Donate. They will use your timeshares as rentals and use the money to help their charities. I buy from charity all of the time and it is the best travel bargains I can find. Check out Points of Light Foundation on Ebay..I got a Maui trip, with air, and accomodations for $1105. Coach air fare and the Marriott in Hawaii. That is what I'm talking about. And I still have a timeshare in Pigeon Forge (where they are 100% sold) and they actually have a resales department. Wouldn't sell it though because I use it or rent it out each and every time. No problem. But they do have a resales department unlike the other 90% of timeshare developments aroung the world. Believe me, if you advertise your week among friends and coworkers you can rent it out every time. Later, I will keep up with the "We Collect Timeshares" folks and argue that there is another way to do this thing we call "Timeshares". Think of them as "RENTAL UNITS FOR YOUR FAMILY, FRIENDS and COWORKERS " Have fun now..