Report Abuse

Re: Vallarta Gardens Timeshare Scam

WINNING!!! Just to summarize: We rescinded our agreement with VG within the 5-day period. We never heard a word from VH. No 'Past Due' notices, no email, no phone calls - nothing. Then last year, VG sent our accout to a collection agency. This collection agency has actually contacted us on two separate instances. We have gone back and forth with them - I've always tried to be VERY patient, but stern in my stance. We provided all documentation we had to the collection agency, and were very clear that we do not owe this debt. Today we got a call from the collection agency that they are closing the file - basically they agreed with us that we do not owe this debt. I'm not sure what VG's next step will be, but I plan to use that decision by the collection agency to "request" that they refund our remaining deposit. I really don't expect them to fork over the money, but I will use this decision by the collection agency as further proof to my credit card company that my dispute should be granted.