Report Abuse

Re: What is the value of an RCI point?

Re: >> I will be going to Hawaii (Oahu) on a scuba trip the first week of December. If I buy into a timeshare deal soon, is there any chance of being able to book accomodations through RCI on such short notice? << No, none whatsoever. Zero. Nada. Nyet......sorry. ====================================== Re: >> Does anybody have difficulty finding availablity through RCI? << EVERYBODY has difficulty finding availability through RCI in desirable times or places in recent years, particularly since RCI now openly rents out high quality depositd weeks to non-RCI members (a practice which currently has them sitting as defendants in a class action lawsuit). And to add insult to injury, RCI has now very recently (within just the past few weeks) even developed an entirely separate rental company under a different name (it's called SnapTravel, for anyone actually interested). ===================================== Re: >> I know with frequent flyer miles I've got to book 10 months in advance to get anything international.<< For desirable weeks / locations, searching the weeks side of RCI, two years is the maximum search "window" (and even then it's often unsuccessful, even if sought that far in advance). "Points" can search for "points" resorts no more than 10 months "out". In either scenario, you're certainly not going to find available space in Hawaii 12 weeks from now..... P.S. Not to promote a "competing" timeshare web site, but on the Timeshare Users Group (TUG) site, there are "last minute rentals by owners". You have to join TUG (all of $10 / year) to even see them, but there are often some surprisingly good deals there (and they must be priced at $700 or less for the week to get listed at all). I'm not promoting TUG, I'm just making you aware of one of the very few "last minute" timeshare space options around. Then again, it's cash to the owner of the weeek being renhted, it's not an "exchange" situation per se (unless so specified).