Report Abuse

Re: Info. please,Cancun, Mexico

[Q=tonye18] [Q=jeffreya30] Got a resort thru RCI for my son and his wife, it's a honeymoon gift. I own several timeshares but never used an AI or been to Mexico. Would like to know best way to pay for AI at check-in, US currecny, travelers checks or credit card? Also is US currency used mostly when off timeshare property. What is best way to get to timeshare from Cancun airport. Shuttle, bus, taxi...any other info much appreciated. thanks[/Q] There is a mini van service called Colectivo which charges like $10 per person . I think AI is a waste of money in Mexico..there are so many great places to eat so why limit yourself to only eating at your resort. I guess the only positive is that all your adult drinks are included. Taxis cant take you to your hotel by the way only bring you back.[/Q] ======== Come again? "Taxis can't take you to your hotel...only bring you back"? From where? We are going to Cancun in January, so we really need information too. I agree that AIs are very expensive and it's fun to eat in various places, but most of the resorts in Cancun seem to be All Inclusive. Perhaps the normal hotels are not. And Mayan Palace/Grand Mayan is not. As to the question of how to pay for purchases outside the resort, some places will accept credit cards but most prefer cash. (Pesos) The problem we ran into in Puerta Vallarta was that the Money Exchange spots liked to give out large bills and some of the stores (nice ones) had trouble making change. Very odd. Maybe they thought that, if they fooled around long enough, we'd say, "Never mind." No such luck! MD MD