Report Abuse

Re: Can someone explain the weeks for me?

adahiscout states, quoted in pertinet part: Re: >> Ken mentions south east Florida on the Gulf. << Actually, Ken mentioned southWEST Florida on the Gulf. Ken doesn't know (or claim to know) much of anything at all about southeast FL (i.e., the Atlantic side). ===================================== Re: >> itseemed pretty "dead" when we were in the Tampa area. << That's not surprising, actually, since I don't think that the intensive demand area really begins until one gets considerably further south than that. My personal "guesstimate" is that the critical mass point for peak high demand actually begins somewhere right around Sarasota, continuing south without interruption down to (and through) the entire Keys. A notable exception for booking access difficulty during this so-called "Snowbird season" time period is in and around Punta Gorda / Port Charlotte/ Lehigh Acres, because of an absence of any nearby beach access. For example, it's about a 45 minute (and very boring) drive to Englewood from Punta Gorda "in season". Who wants to be standing right there on the Gulf coast and then STILL have to drive 45 minutes just to get to a beach???). Not everyone, clearly (and not me, ever). However, there are also comparatively few timeshare resorts at all in that particular area anyhow, so "availability" is still a bit of a "relative" concept.