Report Abuse

Re: How to get rid of a timeshare you no longer want ....

[Q=jons98] [Q=mike1536] [Q=jons98] I just started to try to sell my timeshare at Palm Beach Shores Resorts in Florida. It is week 34 every odd year. It is a nice resort but we just cannot make the vacations work with our schedules. Along with the deeded week, we also had a "bonus week" every even year which could only be reserved within 45 days of the vacation date. Is this bonus week transferable and of any value in the sales process? Any other advice in selling? Im glad I came here. I just got. off the phone with "Timeshares Only" and they claimed they could sell it for more than I payed for it.... for the one time price of $598. What a rip-off.[/Q] ============ If your bonus week is from Interval International, then it probably won't be transferable. Did you initially buy from the developer? These "bonus weeks" are used as perks. If you bought resale, the bonus week must've been transferred to you and therefore should be transferable to someone else. As for value (assuming they are Interval International bonus weeks), my personal opinion is they do not have a lot of value because of the 45 day restriction and very limited availability during peak periods. I rarely use the ones I get. Good Luck[/Q] Thanks for the replies. Im not sure about where the bonus week came from but we did buy from the resort so I guess I should contact them. I imagine we may hold on to it for another year and try our luck again. RCI has been terrible getting us an exchange for our week. We had an ongoing search for a specific week for a 3 state area and got nothing matched even though we put in the search 9 months ahead. Now this year I missed banking my week so its gone. Vacations really shouldnt be this much of a headache but I guess you live and learn[/Q] Like Mike mentioned, you might check out what kind of points you could receive by depositing your 2009 week with RedWeek.com. It doesn't cost you anything to submit a valuation. [url]http://www.redweek.com/exchange/[/url]. The earlier you deposit your week the more points you should receive. We don't have many deposits for 2009 yet but if you decide to deposit your week you have up to 3 years to use your points starting as soon as your week is deposited. It's worth a try. But of course if you want to sell your week you would need to keep it as long as the your week was deposited with us or whoever. Thanks, Marty