Report Abuse

Re: How to get rid of a timeshare you no longer want ....

[Q=andria] [Q=gayler5] I have a timeshare at a wonderful resort in Orlando. There are people interested in buying it until they find out how much the maintenance fee is!! I've dropped the asking price from $13,000 to $7,500. Any suggestions? I haven't used the week for this year and I do have a lot of RCI points. For financial reasons I need and want to sell the timeshare by the end of January Help!! Also, I'm not that familiar with renting it? Thanks, Gayle[/Q] The world is filled with remorseful timeshare buyers. As a testament, timeshares can be bought on the Internet for pennies on the dollar. There are more people trying to unload timeshares than there are trying to buy the units. The imbalance gives you an idea of the real value of timeshares and why donating your timeshare is a terrific and sensible solution. You can receive a tax credit of up to $5000.00 and the charity can always use any amount to help them. Please go to www.trejesto.com to learn more about this wonderful program.[/Q] ====== If this is a qualified charity, tell us a little more about it. MD