Report Abuse

Re: Renting Weeks at Mayan Palace

[Q=lisag275] So basically, what you're saying is, when I bought my timeshare at Mayan Palace, and was promised it will be a great investment (ie that I can rent out my weeks and make all of my money back) it was a huge lie and I bought my membership under false pretenses. So how do the rental companies, who are selling the weeks for more than double what I'm seeing on redweek, ever find renters? or don't they?![/Q] Yes they lied ! and that is also the definition for timeshare presentations. The investment you really made is that you will know be going to one of the mayan palaces each and every year, or else you're throwing away the maint. fee.Did they sell you a 2bdr. mayan palace unit then give you 2or3 extra weeks the first year and 2 extra weeks per year for 5 years at sea garden in mazatlan. Then the best is when they indirectly recommend an agency to rent all these weeks for you if you would like to rent. The agency will be willing to take a couple of hundred $ for a one time fee. We have been going to mayan palace for 4 years and nothing has been rented out by the rental agency. Sorry for the bad news, but your not alone. hey see you at a mayan palace someday!!