Report Abuse

Re: Renting Weeks at Mayan Palace

Many of the Palace ( and other) Mexican resorts sell timeshare RTU contracts that MUST {by Mexican law } include the rescind clause. It must be in the contract that states the time period for the buyer to rscind. ( Guess what?....I forgot the time limit...but that doesn't matter). What the salesperson would so would say we are adding so much...or giving you such a great deal... that we must have you initial that paragraph and waive you right. (Or they never put it in the contract to begin with.) I If that happened, the contract is void. I think I saw two posts on these forums & many on tug where the resort had to return all the money ( ALL THE MONEY) to the people they (tried to ) sell to. Its unbelievable that such a nice place as the Palace Groups allow this to happen. Its never heard of being done at the ISCO Royal Resorts in Cancun, on the Caymens, or even the slightly troubled Royal managed Pelican Resort on St Martin. PALACE IS THE JOKE of the TS Industry (IMO). Promises, Promises.....Wink, Wink.... They all musta grew up in my childhhood county....Thats Hudson County in NJ..... [Q=lisag275] [Q=kekouri] Did they have you initial any part of the contract where it talks about your right to rescind the purchase before a certain time period ? If so.....you don't have a valid contract. You will be let out of it, along with all $$ returned to you.[/Q] Hmm...I'll have to check. So you're saying that if I DID sign something that said we can get out of our contract within a certain time period, then my contract is invalid? Why is that?[/Q]