Report Abuse

Re: Anyone have experience with Preston Green or Americap International Corp

lisam500 has stated: >> Here are items you should do: 1) file a billing dispute 2) the BBB of Florida has already been contacted so Americap's rating has been downgraded to an F due to customer complaints 3) File a report with the Florida AG - here is the website: myfloridalegal.com/Contact.nsf/ContactOpenForm&Section=Economic_Crimes - this will get the FBI involved. 4) file a report with the Internet Crime Complaint Center - here is the website: http://www.ic3.gov/ << ================================= I admire and applaud your initiative and your activism and I wish you success in hunting down these parasites and hopefully achieving a recovery of any and all lost funds. That said, having some personal career experience in the arena of Federal investigation, I can state with some confidence that the FBI is NOT going to take any interest (or action) in a handful of isolated complaints regarding upfront fee companies who have not actually violated any exisiting federal statutes or regulations. This is strictly a state AG / state consumer protection law matter, until and unless there is interstate crime or actual fraud committed --- and even then a dollar threshold would have to be reached in order to elicit any Federal investigation or Federal involvement of any kind. I would venture to guess that this "threshold" is likely in the neighborhood of $10,000 (maybe higher). I would be delighted to be mistaken, but don't believe that I am. In any case, the Florida state authorities are certainly better positioned and motivated to act upon an entity operating within their own state. The BBB is, unfortunately, a completely powerless paper tiger with no legal authority whatsoever. However, if numerous complaints get registered with the BBB (a process which the BBB does not make particularly easy) the statistics may at least help to prevent the unwary from conducting business with an entity with numerous filed complaints.