Report Abuse

Re: SCAM! SCAM! SCAM! From Americap International Corp

maid4: Don't waste valuable time bothering with the BBB. They have no legal authority or power whatsoever and the BBB is completely useless for anything except compiling statistics on complaints. Compiling statistics does not solve or correct anything. BBB even makes the process of reporting complaints difficult. In any case, there are enough BBB complaints on file about Americap already. Elsewhere in these forums you will find specific links to enable you to report your situation directly to the Florida Attorney General's Office, which should be your FIRST point of contact. Your report should be detailed, factual, specific --- and in writing. Phone calls alone to a busy investigative office really just don't cut it. I know from personal work experience that the FBI usually has no interest or involvement in such matters. In this particular instance, however, "Americap International" has reportedly reached the dollar threshhold ($10k) to warrant federal intervention (a most unfortunate development for Americap, I assure you). You apparently already have the link to initiate a report there as well, provided to you by RedWeek. In all fairness, RedWeek cannot possibly "go after" Americap (or anyone else, for that matter), RedWeek being just an Internet business site with no legal authority or law enforcement standing whatsoever. All RedWeek can do is exclude scammers from using the RedWeek site. Unfortunately, however, such scammers do not identify themselves as such to RedWeek in advance --- they must be discovered and reported to be scammers before they can then be banned from RedWeek and prevented from scamming anyone else (at least through the RedWeek site, anyhow). Report your situation factually, chronologically and in writing to the appropriate authorities, whose points of contact are already available and provided in these very forums. You may not ever get any money back (although I certainly hope you do), but you can at least personally assist in the investigation and successful prosecution of these thieves. With luck, someday there will be court ordered restitution included as part of their conviction and subsequent sentencing...