Report Abuse

Re: Resinding within 5 days in Mexico

[Q=joann21] Does anyone have any advice? We purchased from El cid Moro Towers in Mazatlan on 06/14/07 at a terrible price(yeah I know now, from reading these forums,"do not buy developers price buy resale) anyways, we came home checked out there NEW deal on buying cruises with points on 06/18/07, and come to find out, what the salesman said was not true(surprised), we immediately sent an email to their customer help desk about canceling, phoned them, sent an email to our salesman, who still tried to offer us more certificates and deals, but we were firm that we wanted to cancel, and he finally agreed that that was a done deal, well today is 07/03/07 and we have not received our deposit back, I have contacted there customer service several times, and they keep telling me "in a couple of days", I have contacted my c/c company and i have to do the follow up work, but can they keep any portion of our deposit, since we cancelled within the five days? The"head honcho" told us if we cancelled after the five days, than we would have to pay for any gifts we received and commissions, advertising, etc..... Any one have any suggestions?[/Q] Yes! Ridding ourselves of four timeshares and keeping the fifth...Mayan Palace helped; we'd had their legal department take the rest off our hands and remaining with one only....by buying into a bigger/better plan. Yes, it cost us, but deleting other maintenance fee burdens was well worth the price. Now we own four ONE BR units and pay only for use of two, renting two others out. Maintenance fee is $1000 annually. We get to use only red time (annual any time in this case except holiday black-outs), although still not a great deal. We have 10 grown offspring with families...so it works out OK if they participate. Also, I'd consult with the same thought but go to a family owned company such as Marriott. Ideal locations with great opportunities. Had we known then...we'd have gone with the higher end...Marriott program in the first place. Timesharing is never something you would want to own unless you can afford throw money away; Nevertheless, my spouse is a person who said, surprisingly, "IF we had not purchased one as a beginner in 1999 we'd not have seen Spain, The Mexican Mayan Palace near Acapulco several times...a wow for son's first out-of-states experience, and other locations. Please post how this turns out for you. H.C. of Box 131 , PO box 439030 San Ysidro, CA. 92143 . . .we live in Mexico near the border.