Report Abuse

Re: Bad Experience with RCI

[Q=wilfredio] ......... a lot of exchange ideas are not available within a short time !!![/Q] RCI exchanges have been steadily diminishing and spiralling downhill in quality for some years now. They will undoubtedly continue to do so, and I personally think it will actually get much worse. RCI is now very much focused on renting out weeks (deposited by members and/or acquired directly from developers) to the general public for big profits. Just making the $179 fee on an exchange is clearly not good enough for the new (and very different) corporate entity which is now known as "Group RCI". The fact that RCI has established (and publicly trumpeted) new alliances with SnapTravel and LeisureLink in recent months speaks for itself --- the new RCI priority and profit motive is clearly focused upon RENTALS, not member exchanges. It's important to remember (whether we like it or not) that under the terms of their rules and and conditions, RCI can actually do whatever they choose to do with a week which they acquire through voluntary member deposit or via other developer arrangements. I generally use what I own rather than exchange anyhow, but I can say with certainty and conviction that RCI will NEVER again get a week from me.