Report Abuse

Re: Has anyone dealt with Time No More, Inc

[Q=ken1193] [Q=lisav91] My parents (ages 84 and 79) JUST met with these folks in Charlotte NC this weekend!!! They were told to bring the deed with them. Which they did. They had to pay a $79.00 fee up front for what they were told would be a "club fee". They would buy the timeshare from them, but this would also be a years membership so if they decided that they wanted to travel and stay somewhere else at some point, Time No More would find them accomodations. Then they would pay the going rate to rent a place for a week. When I asked my parents how much they sold the timeshare for, they said oh they didn't give US a check, they will give it to our timeshare DIRECTLY...so then I asked what's in for you??!! They were told they would get a tax break. They also had to sign alot of "legal papers" and they felt it was legitimate. I wish I had insisted on going with them now, or checked the company out first online. BE CAREFUL. They do say they are registered with the Better Business Bureau of Georgia and the Carolinas...but I wonder about that! The mans name they dealt with was Andy Hawkins. Good luck to all... hope this helps! Lisa in Concord, NC[/Q] ===================================== I'm sorry, but this sounds all wrong (and very fishy) for a whole variety of different reasons: 1. If it's your parents who OWN the timeshare, then it's only your parents who can be PAID for the time share. The "buyer" can't pay someone else who isn't the owner of a timeshare and have that be a valid transaction. and change of ownership. 2. The "club" aspect of this does not pass my smell test. 3. There are generally no "tax breaks" available in the sale of a timeshare, even when sold at a loss. Even when just donated, a deduction is generally limited to the dollar amount of the selling price --- and only when the charity accepting it "unloads" it and provides a receipt for the amount. Also, a "tax deduction" is very different from a "tax credit" (a "tax deduction" is worth about 28% to the average taxpayer of what a "tax credit" is worth). 4. BBB "affiliation" means absolutely nothing, except that some company (whether honest or not) paid a fee to join BBB, in order to then be able to say "we are members of BBB". So what??? BBB sells memberships to anyone who will pay the fee to join and BBB has no legal authority (or any other particular significance). They compile statistics on complaints, nothing more. And by the way, when a dishonest company gets too many complaints filed against them, they just change their name in order to become a brand new entity --- with no complaints! I'm sorry to be both suspicious and the bearer of bad news, but I smell something rotten here...[/Q] ============= Very well put, Ken. It seems she got "out of it" too easily (i.e. for $79).