Report Abuse

Ridge Tahoe ownership experience

[Q=sue1537] Thinking about buying either a Plaza or Tower unit at the Ridge resort. Does anyone have any experience with owning either? Thanks Sue, its a personal choice in what you and your family like. We owned the Tower before they had finished building and sold it few years later because both my wife and I being union workers and by the time we had our vacations picked we couldn't get a reservations so it was useless to own. We have come back to timesharing after about ten years (2005) and bought the Naegle summer months and love it. This last May (2007) while staying we bought a EOY Tower and love staying there too. The Tower is second oldest to the Naegle and in our opinion the two are still the best in Lake Tahoe. We did spend few days bonus time in the Terrace and did not care for it for few reasons. I understand the only difference is Plaza has washer/dryer in the unit. If you don't mind this and traveling up the hill to the main club house then you can find the Plaza for less money than the Tower. I have run across the Plaza for good price. We looked and watched for the Tower for a year and never came up with good price for prime year use. You didn't say if you have young kids or just you and spouse. Have you looked at the Naegles because summer months and they have large patio and are true two bedrooms with no lock-off. Patio not much use in winter though. We had a owner at the Naegle this year that told me they are staying in the Naegles because they own the Plaza and heard so many great things of the Naegles. He said after two days the wife already wanted to sell the Plaza and buy Naegle unit. Last I heard was they were going to the resales office to work out a deal to sell Plaza and buy Naegle. I rate Naegle and Tower as the best units at the Ridge and its also great there both at the top of the hill with the main club house. Casecade is newest of all the buildings and can sleep up to eight. Problem is it is at the bottom of the hill behind the Terrace. What ever you decide you will love the Ridge Tahoe! PHIL