Report Abuse

Hyatt Time Shares

[Q=carvana] [Q=tracey48] [Q=rons211] Anyone had any experience with the Hyatt Time Shares over two years? Pitch sounds good but not sure about the flexibility or the properties outside of Hyatt[/Q] I purchased my Hyatt about 18 mos ago and will be enjoying my third vacation week in March of 08 using just one year of points. I have my unit for 2008 up for rent and have received several offers, so I believe I will get close to my asking. I love Hyatt. The resorts are beautiful, the system is very fair, and reasonably flexible. You need to really learn the system to get the most out of it, though. Not very difficult, just takes a little study. I purchased my unit resale. The system gets great trades within the II system.[/Q] Tracey, What Hyatt benefits did you lose buying a Hyatt resale? I am sure one loses the option to trade for Hyatt Hotel points but beyond that I am not sure. I attended a Hyatt presentation in Sedona recently and was very impressed but I see considerable discounts available in Hyatt resale listings on Redweek and elsewhere. Just curious what one loses by buying second hand. There is a broker out there - not on Redweek - who claims a relationship with Hyatt that enables him to sell Hyatts resale without the loss of any benefit. I wonder if there is claim is true.[/Q] You are correct about losing the ability to trade for hotel use. But, that is the only benefit that is lost. From what I learned, it wasn't really a great use of points. You can purchase from anyone who owns a hyatt. I tried to buy my unit through a broker who claimed a relationship, but that did not pan out. I ended up purchasing my unit from a private owner, who unfortunately for them, didn't undertand how to take full benefit. Once you are an owner, you are an owner, period. So, things like making reservations, trading, etc. are all in accordance with the vacation club rules and regulations, which are the same for all. I can't stress how pleased we are with our hyatt membership. My husband was very skeptical, and now he is thrilled, as well. The units have great trading power, also.