Report Abuse

Re: FILING COMPLAINTS CONCERNING TIMESHARE RIPOFFS

[Q=barbm47] I unfortunately were convinced to list our timeshare with a "business: (and I use that term loosely) that charged us an upfront fee---and yes--you guessed it RIPOFF!!! The name of the company is Timeshare Solutions out of Las Vegas Nevada. The men involved are: Bill Ellis, Bill Armstrong, and Bob Downey. Made lots of promises--then became very beligerant when I confronted them---still have had no return call from the-and when I try to call them, their voice mail is usually full!! Any advice on how to get my money back??? [/Q] [b]Unfortunately, at this time, you can kiss your money goodbye. These type of scam artists set up shop and call themselves timeshare advertisers (not regulated), therefore they get away with lying to people and stealing their hard earned money. Until upfront timeshare scam businesses are regulated by a government agency, the scams will continue. They tell prospective clients they can get an unrealistic high price for their timeshare, but in reality that's not the case on the resale market (resales garner approximately 1/3 to 1/4 of what was paid a developer in the vast majority of cases). However, the prospective client believes their lies and gives them their credit card number for the upfront fee ... end of story, that's all they wanted in the first place.[/b]