Report Abuse

Timeshare Ripoffs

[Q=ken1193] maryp295 states: >> RCI is also a rip off. I have banked my weeks with them for YEARS and never can get a good location in return. Definitely disgusted and will not renew with them!<< ---------------------------------------------------------------- I am certainly no defender of RCI and I never have been. However, I don't agree that RCI is actually a "rip off". Exchange availability through RCI has certainly declined in recent years, due in part to their direct rental practices, but I've also learned along the way (to my utter amazement) that some folks who own a white, summer, studio week in "dime a dozen" Orlando wonder why they can't seem to exchange it for a prime beachfront unit in Maui over a New Years holiday week. The RCI computers have "quality filters" in place for exchange searches (referred to as "VEP" in the RCI vernacular). In essence, the VEP (which I believe stands for "Vacation Experience Profile") assigns a trading power value (which RCI won't ever openly disclose) to any given deposited week. Rarely (if ever) will an exchange be offered which is much (if any) better than what was actually deposited in the first place. In short, depositing two pounds of copper tubing never results in anyone being offered four pounds of solid gold in "exchange". I have very little use for RCI, personally, but I nonetheless think that calling RCI a "rip off" is a bit extreme...[/Q] ============= The real "rip off" are the TS salespeople who tell buyers they can exchange their RED summer Orlando studio for that Hawaiian beachfront. Go Pats Mike