Report Abuse

Re: Montecristo Villa 8

[Q=markg99] RCI has disappointing places to trade for in our opinion. I hope they get better. Meantime we see no value in renewing our $250 menbership fee for less than desirable destinations. As it relates to Dirk Myer and company --many misrepresentation by the sales staff at Montecristo Estates. The golf courses were "over hyped" at the time we purchased in May, 2005. None of this has come to fruition to date. Only now are we hearing about the construction getting underway and new homes being built. The rental proscpects have been dim using Redweek- I am sorry to report. I had to give away my Villa for 1 week last may at $200 a night. You cannot even rent a decent room anywhere for that amount , much less this fabulous piece of property called Montecristo Estates. Too much over building in Cabo with many 6 star properties for us to compete against. We love the Villa we own, but get a little tired of all the hype out of sales crew at Pueblo Bonito. Just a final on Maintainence fees. High but we knew this going into the deal. The biggest problem is the prospect of renting our units at a reasonable rental rate for the time we do not want to occupy. It's almost an impossible task. We own 2 weeks but only prefer one week in Cabo. DECENT RENTAL INCOME ON THIS INVESTMENT IS A "PIPE DREAM" TODAY. Mark & Marilyn Granby Villa # 11 Own May 15-31st each year.[/Q] Hey Mark & Marilyn, It is a shame you feel the way you do...timeshare sales personal are probably on an even keel with patent leather white shoe used car sales guys...I won´t include women used car sales folk in that lot. Remember you are in Mexico where anything goes...besides the good old Mex govenment is artificially keeping the prices of RE sky rocketing along with the L A yupes and all of us who keep buying here. There are many other parts of Mexico to buy property Montecristo is a beautiful location and the Villas are sensational...my wife and I own two for a month...however we never bought with closed eyes thinking we were going to make a killing in real estate in a fractional ownership situation. It is what it is...a chance to own a nice piece of real estate at a fraction of the real cost. So get over it and enjoy what you bought...life is short and you are not getting any younger. Try the Mayan in San Jose if you want cheap golf...it is not a Cabo del Sol but it´s also not $380.00 per round with a taco at the turn.