Report Abuse

Re: Rants

[Q=jamesd327] Diamond is trying to convert everyone to a points system. Once you convert to points you no longer have control of anything. Other companies, such as Marroitt once they have people on points can raise the number of points required for a week every year if they wish. Because we have deeded property, the operator, now Diamond can not change the rules. All they can do is to increase the maintenance fees. I am the owner of two oceanfront annually and I would like all the owners to form an owner's association. The owners still have a majority of the resort and can in fact change the operator. Diamond would like everyone yo convert to points so that they have complete control. Marriott always keep more than 50% ownership so they can do as they please. Do not convert to points and help me to form an owners association. Jim[/Q] So my question is: Can owners be converted to the points system without consent? Why did my maintenance fee have a points amount on it when we never requested it or consented to it? Are we still deeded owners??? ~Jackie