Report Abuse

Re: Is this a good news or bad news?

[Q=davidh273] [Q=ron56] [Q=davidh273] I find it hard to believe that there is one solitary owner of a timeshare that does not feel as if they were bamboozled. I see sad stories of people having to take out home loans, just to pay off this white elephant to sell it for a fraction of what they paid. High pressure sales and clearly lack of real laws governing this rip-off have created a vortex of unsatisfied consumers. What is really needed is a group willing to help enact legislation to help stop this wholesale rape of the consumer. Plus a site dedicated to resale which in essence will take the ownership and subsequent sales of any more timeshares from the big corporations and make it a trade type situation among the owners. I am sure among all the owners of timeshares there are some who can come up with legal creative ways to go about this. When the true word about these scams, in laymen's terms is broadcast there will be less rampant sales and resales and more satisfied customers. It is a thought that all who are not in complete denial should embrace. Let's take full, realistic ownership of what we have paid for.[/Q] What are you talking about? They may be high pressured in the sales dept. but by law you have 7 days to back out....just like ANY other timeshare resort. You call it a scam....? We have owned there for 5 years, have upgraded to the points sytem and love it! We were not scammed at all. Timeshares are timeshares...know the rules before you buy. The majority of the rooms in this resort are ocean view or ocean front.[/Q] You must have purchased this "bargain" off property or you are in deep denial. I don't know what you paid or the details of your timeshare but just the fact you "upgraded" to the points system is a tell. The truth of the matter is I was scammed and I will admit it. If you believe you were not that is ok too. However I knew the "rules" and believe me I tried after purchase to contact these thieves for restitution or for a refund. This apparently did not work out for me. By the way the law states three days, not seven, a much more luxurious number indeed. We were on vacation until after the expiration date for a backout. We travel extensively and believe me this is NOT any bargain. I personally feel NO timeshare is a real bargain. People who say otherwise are just afraid to admit they were flim-flammed by professional con artists. This is not idle babble from unkown sources but rather input from every timeshare owner I PERSONALLY know. The ones who don't feel slammed are the ones who travel to one or two places every year (not tropical islands) and paid substantially less for their redweeks than you or I did. Their maintenance fees are less than a third of ours too. I have at this point right now paid approximately eight and one half times what I paid to originally stay here for a week, in a 2 bedroom, ocean front suite. Whether there are "rules" or no rules I was ripped off in this deal. Check current sales prices to see if you made a good deal here. By the way a majority of timeshare buyers know little about any rules, nor are they informed of any rules. They are on vacation, to a place they consider paradise and don't want to tell anyone it isn't just exactly that. This is the hook used to psychologically draw you in, from there it is all emotion versus cunning. They are very good at the game and rules are the least heard part of the scripted spiel. If you have travelled to ANY other tourist destination lately you know the salesmen in these places do not care if you know rules or anything else, they just long to feed victims to the sharks. I have a website due online called xxxxxxxxx pay it a visit sometime later in the year. Drop by and give your input there maybe explaining in more detail than the obvious (Maui, oceanfront, tropical) just what you think really makes this such a bargain. I'd love to provide you a forum for that![/Q] I stayed there in a warerfront deluxe ocean front in January 2008 with the waves lapping under our lanai..the rooms were well appointed and luxurious..there was maid service and free valet parking for owners...Hawaii is a paradise and we loved our ninth stay at this timeshare...we too bought a deluxe ocean front and have never been disapponted. The staff are warm and friendly...in fact we have bever regretted our purchase of this timeshare or in any of our trips to Maui..even when there was rain...Mahalo and Aloha