Report Abuse

Re: RCI Class Action Lawsuit

[Q=carlenas] I have no plan to continue with RCI. Last year I was ripped off of my week at Orange Lake by them. then, they were unable to find another replacement near, wanted me to pay the extra money and had nothing at the same star level. Have been trying to rent/sell my tme share and was further ripped off by IBD.[/Q] I feel the same way as you do. My wife and I are definetly not gong to renew our membership which is due next year. We just received a new RCI Resort Directory and it has shrunk in size over half since 1996. The reason we think is that more of us have had enough of their rip off policies. Our resort is open now, but so far, we are trying to see if a charity can sell it for what ever amount they can get. If not, we will probably use it our selves in Sept. and then decide to take the chance and just let it go into foreclousure and see what happens. If we do keep it, we will either use our unit to avoid all the extra fees or try to do the Red Week exchange which sounds fair to us. RWhite