Report Abuse

RCI Points

[Q=martinr10] Hello, I am a II user but am looking to purchase some RCI points to goto the places II doesn't (new York London etc). How does the points system work? is it an instant exhange or do I need to request? How does the RCI points work with airlines? Also, does anyone knows how many points I would need for a week in NYC? Many thanks Martin[/Q] ============= You would need to own a resort in the RCI Points system. I have seen a post at TUG describing a 3-year lease for a TS in California. Allegedly you own a 3-year Right to Use with the option of renewing every three years. You would still need to pay a MF, RCI fees, etc. Assuming you mean New York City, The Manhattan Club is the only RCI Points resort in NYC. IF AVAILABLE, the number of points required for exchanges range from 64,000 to 93,000 (per week) depending on season and unit size. You can also book partial weeks at a reduced rate. If you are just planning the occasional trip, you might want to just rent your current unit and use the cash to rent another in NYC or London. Be advised that just because certain resorts are listed in the RCI directory doesn't mean they will be available for exchange. In my opinion, using RCI Points for air travel is not very cost effective. I would only recommend it if the points were going to expire and be lost entirely. There is plenty of info here and on TUG about RCI Points.