Report Abuse

Re: RCI Points

[Q=stever211] A timeshare resale broker I've been talking with told me last week that it's nearly impossible to obtain exchanges INTO the Manhattan Club, whether using RCI Points or trading a week. I wouldn't bank on being able to get in there. The broker even said that there is some sort of rule at the Manhattan Club that if you get an exchange into the property, you can't get another one for a year or two. I wouldn't take any of this as fact, but my expectations are low. (I just bought some RCI Points very cheaply and plan to experiment with the program).[/Q] ============= Points will work if you can plan vacations 10 months in advance. Flexibility is also important. If you have hopes for getting Gold Crown resorts every time you travel you might be disappointed. I found most European units to be studios or 1 bedrooms. The number of Points resorts in Europe is small compared withthe number of traditional weeks resorts, so this might also limit possibilities. Weeks resorts have to be deposited with RCI before they become available for exchange. Another key is to have enough points for your plans. Trips to Hawaii require more points than trips to Florida. As for the Manhattan Club, units are available rignt now for January 2009 (after New Years)