Report Abuse

Re: maintenance fees

[Q=thomasp140] [Q=douglasd29] 2 bedroom lockoff phase 1 Harborside total homeowner's assessments: 2007 2231 2006 1889 2005 1675 2004 1519 2003 1451 2002 1382 This represents 61% increase over the last five years. We just visited on week 11, had a delightful time, asked about magnitude of increases , but did not really get satisfactory explanation. Upon returning home I have the bill in the mail, have read the pie graphs and explanation, but I am uncconvinced tha sufficient efforts are being made to control costs. I will be writing to SVO management and Board of Directors. I am interested in hearing if anyone has comparative costs for say St. John or other comparable resorts.[/Q] I have also written to the Kushner Corporation whom if you didn't know actually own the rights to Harborside under master lease through Starwood. Our Maintenance is paid to Kurshner HQ and not Starwood?? This should alert all of us to question the Board of Directors how much stock do we as owners at Harborside get?? The Maintenance Fees are "through the roof" because our fees also go to the Atlantis development as well. I guess this is one of the reason after I expressed my concerns I was not elected to the Condo Association Board last year. My fees for 2008 were $2,323.53 - ouch! Have you tried to reserve weeks at Harborside outside your Deeded week - well forget it!! Starwood and Kurshner in particular rent the units to the local public first - this is a shame as an owner we paying these kind of fees we don't get preference...[/Q] We as owners should also question? Why is it that the guests staying at the Comfort Suites across from Atlantis enjoy the benefits as those at Harborside to use all the facilities at Atlantis - It's because the Kurshner organization owns the Comfort Suites!! this was the deal made when the Atlantis was being built to local gov't and should have expired - but never did?? I have questioned this to the Board who quite frankly were puzzled.