Report Abuse

Re: DRI offering PT's owners Sunterra conversion

[Q=casandrao] Hello, I am going crazy trying to get a straight answer. I just got off the phone with a very matterfactly salesman from the DRI Lake Tahoe Resort. We are current timeshare owners with Diamond Resort. We are looking to add more points. I asked them about the conversion fee. This was his respone: "Diamond Resorts will not convert for $2995 any more. We will require you to purchase more points at retail." I asked him what is the minimum number of points we would have to purchase, he responed 4,000 at a cost of $20,000. Wow, what a great deal!! I would really love to prove him wrong and have heard many responses that differ from his, but I have not received an official response. I called corporate. The women I spoke to said that she did not think we would have to purchase any more points to convert because we already have an account. She then gave me the number of the sales department, at corporate mind you, so they should be able to give me an anwer in stone - if their is such a thing - Corporate won't be in until Monday. I will call back. I am very interested in someone's opinon about all this. Thanks! cjkkobrien@comcast.net[/Q] Chuck I do believe that CURRENT owners have a lesser point "purchase" requirement to be able to upgrade NON points based properties, so how much you can purchase at one time is based on what you own now. I do believe that you need only purchase the minimum number of points for "current DRI owners" which is 2000 pts to just add to your portfolio... but you would need to purchase more points than that f you want to convert something that is a standard week of time share into "FULL CLUB ownership" and I do think that is 4000 pts based on the new price matrix that Diamond has put out, but I could be wrong... now, we had no trouble at the Summit Sales center in Sedona, Arizona. Each sales center is unique and has their OWN rules. So, I recommend calling the Sedona, Arizona sales center called "The Summit" and ask for Phil Jackson or Rick Schaatz (both are sales managers) and tell either of them that a "former sales consultant" named Diva Denissov sent you to speak to them about upgrading and or adding points to your portfolio! :) the number for the resort is: 928-204-3100 press 3 for sales center. See what they say...and let me know? I am sure they will be more than happy to work with you on ANY size points package purchase that you would like to make. :) let me know? Diva