Report Abuse

Re: Diamond Resorts

[Q=obezyanka] So far we've been very dissapointed. Diamond got rid of Carlton Court, the only resort Sunterra had in London. We stayed there last spring and had a wonderful time. Why would they do it??? I was really looking forward to go back there some day... So, I don't see any positive changes, just negative so far... We don't have a choice though or a voice to decide anything...[/Q] Yeah -- it pretty much sucks. I used to be able to book with ease as a Sunterra member, now, with Diamond, every time I've tried to make a reservation everything is all booked up. That one's easier to figure out. Since the merger of the two companies there are more people competing for the lodging options. I will probably end up selling the timeshare and never buying one again. I've had this timeshare for 7 years and this is the 3rd time it's changed owners. That leaves the consumer with very little control, plus the maintenance fee jumped from 600 to 800.00. Plus, initially there were two lodging options for Park City when Diamond first took over. Now there's only one -- and guess what -- that one is booked up solid. So they seem to have a history of being unreliable when it comes to lodging options offered.