Report Abuse

Selling a timeshare

[Q=ken1193] [Q=toddb69] Besides Redweek----what are some other good places to try to successfully sell a timeshare without paying lots of money in upfront fees? Has anyone actually had success selling a timeshare---if so how?[/Q] ================================================= First, NEVER pay an "upfront fee" reseller a penny to "sell" your week for you. They won't ever sell it. If you CHOOSE to give these parasites your money anyhow for worthless advertising on obscure sites, you are not a victim --- you will instead merely be a VOLUNTARY contributor to their bank account, of your own free will and choice. I have sold numerous timeshare weeks on my own. The first and most important key to successfully selling a timeshare is accurately determining its actual current resale market value. You can often find that info by searching "completed sales" on eBay, finding weeks comparable to yours. Those figures are likely at the the low end of actual value for your week, but still show you a rough, current "ball park" value. Your week needs to be realistically and competitively priced to draw any buyer interest. Although it is hard for some people to accept, the harsh and indisputable fact is that buyers simply DO NOT CARE what YOU paid for your timeshare. All that matters to an intelligent buyer is the current resale value --- TODAY --- a figure which can be easily approximated just by looking around at various Internet sites. If someone can buy an identical or closely comparable advertised week at your resort for $3,000, they will never pay you $6,000 for your week, just because YOU previously paid $6,000. The market value TODAY is what it is, regardless of all prior transaction history. As far as sites, in addition to RedWeek I also like MyResortNetwork.com. Bidshares is free to advertise there, but has a lot of "tire kickers" and "window shoppers" and gets less exposure than other sites. Craigslist is also free, but seems to attract spammers and scammers and is poorly organized for buyers to locate particular timeshares they might be seeking. Personally, I don't care much for eBay, but that's another relatively low cost option too. Good luck.[/Q]