Report Abuse

Re: QUESTION FOR ALL RESALE OWNERS OF MAUI OCEAN CLUB

[Q=kathyw84] Kathy, We recently traded into the Molaki Towers and loved the location but were surprised that the unit was not as fresh as the Grande Ocean. Since you own at GO, one of our favorites, hopefully you can answer the following. We are thinking about buying a resale in Maui (not the new towers), do you think we were given a unit that needs refurburishing - or in your opinion - are the Maui units just a different animal? In advance, thanks for your response. glennb74[/Q] Glen, The only way to know if you were given a unit that was in need of refurbishing is to ask if that is the case. If you still know your room number, you may call the resort and ask the year that unit was last refurbished. I must add, however, that the Maui Marriott Resort is also, as you say, "a different animal." We think it is overpriced and not as nice of interior as Grand Ocean. HOWEVER, the view and the grounds are much better at Maui Marriott and the overall Hawaiian experience makes it our "second home." We would buy more units at Maui Marriott if we could afford it or had the time (we own five weeks timeshare which can be converted to seven so don't need more - one at Grand Ocean, one at Kaui, one at Maui, (all three Marriotts) and two at Kona Coast Resort only because Marriott is not on the Big Island. You are paying for the location and the view at Maui - hope this helps. Kathy[/Q] Kathy, Thank you so much for confirming what I thought. You gave me the peace of mind that I need to go forward. Hopefully, some day I can return the favor. (If you ever need some feedback regarding Aruba, we also own at the Surf Club and would be more than happy to provide you with assistance). Have a great weekend. Glenn