Report Abuse

Kool-aid

[Q=samd12]Our government at least tries to protect us from those who would sell us narcotics by prosecuting and imprisoning them. It at least regulates those who seek to sell us alcohol, tobacco, and prescription medications.[/Q] [b]I totally agree that all phases of the timeshare industry needs to be federally regulated (from developer sales to upfront fee resale scam companies to postcard companies and everything in between) and I have espoused that many times in these forums. I also think all presentations should be mandatorily tape recorded and filed in a database with a copy given to buyers as there are many exaggerations spouted by developer salespeople such as "if you buy this timeshare, you can exchange it for any resort in the (RCI or II) wishbooks". This is simply not true since exchanging is all about supply and demand and the exchange power of the week owned. Some developer salespeople will also tell you that, "you can rent out your weeks with absolutely no problem and make a profit". This is also simply not true, as once again, it's all about supply and demand of the week you own. Many owners that have weeks that are in demand do good to be reimbursed to cover their maintenance fees for rentals in the vast majority of cases excluding the higher end resorts (Marriott, 4 Seasons, Hyatt, Hilton, Disney etc.).[/b]