Report Abuse

Re: Timeshare sells

[Q=warrenf17] I am glad that you got to sell some units. That is very lucky and you must of priced them right. That said, today people want OUT of their units period, I did and found a way out. Cost of oil and utilities are going through the roof. Food and essentials are starting to follow. Until an alternative fuel source is created and made affordable. People are not going to travel far. MFs are going to sky rocket as; 1 fuel and utilities needed to heat cool and light the resorts. 2 fuel used in maintaining grounds. 3 Cost of living increases for the employees 4 amount of deadbeats the resorts cannot collect fees from. this number is projected to soar. 5 Already seen the first of many resorts to fold 6 As resorts get older they decide to revamp and rebuild charging members $3-4000 in special fees. If your resort is older watch out for it. 7 I specifically along with more expensive companies take units and kill them off on a daily basis. Again the resorts can not collect on them so you pay higher usage fees. I get a lot of those with the special fees. 7 this all has a snowball effect. Eventually all resorts will go under and new ones will be built. So if you were able to get money for yours v's paying, you did well. Times are changing and changing fast.[/Q] =============================================== You are certainly entitled to possess and express your opinion, but after 25 years of timeshare ownership I simply do not share your apparent belief that "the sky is falling". To date, I see no factual evidence to support that particular claim. Personally, I don't see (or project) ANY resorts "going under" and I certainly don't believe that many new timeshare facilities will be built anytime soon. The only claim you make with which I can actually agree is that maintenance fees will indeed continue to rise. I also don't at all understand your rather odd claim of "taking units and killing them off on a daily basis". This makes no procedural sense to me at all. Any week owned by recorded deed at any given moment in time belongs to SOMEONE. You can't realistically (or credibly) claim to make a deeded ownerhip (or responsibility) just "magically disappear".